Search This Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Project: Briles 200 - Is this okay, Sansei? #1

Time to step this thing up, Kids.

 I know I said I was going to do a recurring segment called "Decisions, Decisions" before, but I kinda forgot about it (have I mentioned I may be a little A.D.D?)... That one will still come into play here and there. Luckily, the new job has limited a lot of the tough choices that would I have to make about what I'm going to munch on a daily basis, but there are still plenty of interesting eating choices I make...

This segment is called "Is this okay, Sansei?". The inspiraion comes from my weekly workouts/constant text messaging with my Fitness Sensai, Ann Marie, where she interrogates me about what I've been eating, then applauds me or yells at me accordingly...

I'm going to start posting pics of what I'm about to eat (or HAVE eaten, as it's highly probable that I'll brain fart this thing a bunch of times, forgetting to take the pictures before the meal...).  I'll then describe what it is, if needed, then let Sansei shame me or praise me based on that.  This day and age has brought a lot of health information our way whether we've wanted it or not, so I think we all have a pretty good fundamental understanding of what's healthy and unhealthy, but it's always good to get some reinforcement.  Hopefully, she'll give me some nutritional info as to what I put into my body along the way.  What I do with that information may or may is still at my discretion, but I'm hoping I'll hear enough to be swayed in the right directions.  

So here goes!!!

I walked down to my favorite coffee shop, Crema Cafe, located in Harvard Square for a little brunch and a hot cup of focus while I worked on some pictures and this blog this afternoon.   My friends Ben and Erin, or BErin, for short, introduced me to Crema when I first moved to Somerville.  It's ridiculously good.  The coffee, their baked goods, their sandwiches...  you can't go wrong!  I tried a piece of quiche there for the first time last week.  I'm not really a 'quiche guy' (nor should ANY guy be a 'quiche guy'), but when I heard what was in it I had to try it.   It was a slice of quiche with sweet potato, bacon, and goat cheese.  One bite and it EASILY jumped into the top 10 of my favorite things to eat in the woorrrrlllld.





It looked delicious, it sounded delicious, and it WAS delicious.   So I decided to go back down today to see if they still had it.  Unfortunately, they had switched the bacon for ham, but kept the sweet potato and goat cheese.  Still heaven in an egg pie...  Just not 'blow your mind all over your face' heaven in an egg pie...   Anyway, this is the ham one.  I also had a cup of black coffee with an added expresso shot...  and some water I brought.

Is this okay, Sensai?!


I also remembered to have a stranger take a picture of me on the way home through Harvard Yard!....





Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. OK. I apologize for the delay. I wanted to do some extended research on said coffee-quiche haven you speak so highly of, and headed over to H^2 this past Labor Day weekend to experience things at Cafe Crema first hand.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM
    (Copy and paste link into browser)

    Results of due diligence:

    Sorry B...based on the portion size, the homemade crust (hence quiche, not a more carb-friendly fri-ta-ta) ...chiming in at close to 500 Kcals....your bacon-goat-potato bomb doesn't make the cut.

    Pending what else was on the day's diet-agenda, we may have room to work with this tasty treat, but for a yea/nay response, and this pains me to say as much as it pangs you to hear...
    Thumbs Down on Quiche-Treat keeping Vision Project 200 in mind.

    Kudos for java and water choice!

    Stay tuned for a full report and more information at the Cutting Edge Fitness website and blog: Over The Edge: http://cuttingedgefitness.blogspot.com/

    In good health & fitness,

    AM

    ReplyDelete